If you are paying for GPS services on your iPhone or iPad: Stop. There are two great, and free, GPS applications available that you can start using use right now. They are…
• Live community-contributed traffic information and road reports + notification when approaching police traps, speed cams, heavy traffic or hazards on the road
• Free traffic by-passing navigation featuring voice-guided, turn-by-turn guidance
• A 100% live map + real-time road monitoring & automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
• Ability to create or join local driving groups, plus the option to link up with other drivers for carpooling
• Foursquare, Twitter & Facebook integrations, plus fun, geo-gaming elements
• Voice-guided, Turn-by-Turn Directions – Like a GPS, your phone speaks to you.
• Simplified Search – Look for restaurants, gas stations & more with a tap.
• Live Traffic – Updated every 5 minutes.
• Multi-task – Make a call or listen to music while MapQuest continues to tell you where to go.
• Walking & Driving Directions – Either way, we’ll give you the best route.
• Energy Savings Settings – Low battery? Switch to a high savings setting.
• MORE: Multiple-stop routes, landscape view, customizable avatars and more!
*Details taken from App Store description.